>, another (earlier) name – Vonyachka (Vonyachki).

History

Vonyachki was owned by Elena Pavlovna Lenkshevich, Dmitry Pavlovich and Nikolai Pavlovich Lyubimov, and Natalya Pavlovna Podgurskaya.

Until 1940 the village was called Vonyachki. Under Protocol No. 55 of the session of the Executive Committee of the Gorky Regional Council of Workers' Deputies of 9 October 1940, it was renamed the village of Elkhovka.

The village church is a monument of urban planning and architecture (document of registration for state protection No. 471).

The "Address-Calendar of the Nizhny Novgorod Diocese" for 1904 contains information about a stone church in this village, built in 1864. Altars: the main one dedicated to the Intercession of the Mother of God, with side chapels — the right to St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, the left (unheated) to the martyrs Kirik and Iulitta. The church's two-apse altar in its layout resembles the altar of the Church of Andrew the First-Called in Arzamas. GPS coordinates of the site: N55.148140 E43.951074

See also